Re: Default desktop for jessie Was: Re: Debian/Wheezy general rant ...

Svante Signell <svante.signell@gmail.com> writes:
> On Wed, 2013-06-05 at 15:02 -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:

>> No one should ever be allowed to NMU anything ever if the maintainer
>> says no!

> Sorry, I decided not to answer, but I cannot resist this one. It seems
> overly restrictive. Are you serious, what would be the purpose of such a
> rule, hampering development?

No, I'm not serious.  :)

Sorry, I didn't mean to be confusing.  I tried to telegraph the joke
without ruining it, but it's very difficult to be clear about jokes.  That
was a list of greatest hits of debian-devel controversies over the past
five years; basically, a set of topics that tend to provoke dozens of
heated messages.  Each of the sentences was basically taking a random,
extreme side on some controversial topic.  I tried for about a half and
half mix of the side I lean towards and the side I disagree with.