Re: mount point gets "(deleted)" / unable to unmount

Hi Florian,

On Mittwoch, 5. Juni 2013, Florian Lohoff wrote:

> > So, #?

> Bug #711183 umount parser for /proc/mounts broken on stale nfs mount (gets

> renamed to "/mnt/point (deleted)") Bug #711184 mount should not stat

> mountpoints on mount

> Bug #711187 linux-image-3.2.0-4-amd64: kernel should not rename mountpoint

> if nfs server is dead/unreachable

cool, thanks!

> But ranting is much easier then opening bugs and wading through thousands

> of bugs partially 10+ Years old and still unfixed.

sure, but filing bugs is usually the first step in getting things fixed :-)

> Wheezy is btw the Debian release i have ranted the most about till now.

well, this could be related to Wheezy, or to you, or to the people you've been talking with, or something else, or a combination...

I've switched 3 users from Squeeze to Wheezy in the last 2 weeks, and also to Gnome 3 btw, and they all *love* it. And I also must say, I'm quite impressed, Debian on the desktop has come a long way. So, IOW YMMV.

Getting 684998 fixed was also awesome and just in time :)

cheers,

Holger