Feedback on Debian 7.0

Hello,

I am just checking out Debian 7.0 for the first time and so far I overall like it. Among other things, its sleek, I like the colour scheme, its completely open source, stable, and I have so far not been effected by a bug.

There are a few things I don't like about it though, that I want to share in hope the future Debian won't suffer things I found as a problem.

The first issue I had was finding the system requirements for it. I eventually found the information, but is was burred deep in a technical manual. The information should have been around when I was on route obtaining Debian 7.0.

Also. searching 'System requirements' in the search box on Debian website return nothing. I've never had success using the search feature.

Another problem is that Debian 7.0's documentation does not correlate with Debian 7.0. At no time was I informed that Debian 7.0 is code named 'Wheezy', and because of this, it was a head fuck for me when I approached the documentation, because I didn't know if I was reading the correct documentation as I am not in the development circle and as so, don't know the code name for Debian 7.0.

This made me especially mad, because Debian 6.0 suffered the same problem, and I reported it, yet the problem still exists.

Ubuntu 12.04 LTS is my primary operating system. There are more things I dislike about Ubuntu 12.04 LTS than I do Debian 7.0, but its documentation is far superior, which is the second reason why I will continue using Ubuntu 12.04 LTS because Debian 7.0 requires more time than I have on hand to use.

Shitty documentation is one of the biggest killers when it comes to software. Its extremely important software developers know this, because not everyone is computer literate, and or has enough time to handle problems/learn how to do things.

Another thing I am pissed off about is the lack of a graphical text-editor being included in Debian 7.0. The last time I checked, my calendar said 2013, and as so, would not expect a text-editor not being included in a desktop-environment based operating system.

I know there is the 'nano' command line based text-editor included in Debian 7.0, but I, along with 99.999% of the world uses their computer in a desktop environment, so a text-editor should be included.

Another thing that pisses me off is IceWeasel.
I have read upon the Mozilla-Debian situation, and from what I understand Mozilla were not happy that Debian wes tampering with the Firefox logo or branding.

I don't know if the person or persons responsible for doing it in the past still develop Debian, but Mozilla's flagship suite being barred from inclusion is for this reason is immature.

There is nothing wrong with Firefox's logo. I find the reasoning for its exclusion freakish and borderline bizarre. If I were to use Debian 7.0 as my primary operating system I'd be really annoyed that Mozilla software is not included. I don't think 99% of Debian uses would mind using Firefox with its official branding, and I think the decision made was self-centred and selfish, and not in line with what the overall user-base wants. It is unlikely most people use Debian because of deep ideological reasons, and I think the decision to bar Mozilla products from Debian has done way more harm than good.

There is something else I didn't like, but I can't remember what it was and I am out of time.

I look forward to Debian 8.0.

Regards,

Nikolas Kallis