Re: systemd .service file conversion

Jonathan Dowland wrote:
> On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 04:50:15PM +0300, Uoti Urpala wrote:
> > Do you have any reason at all to believe that these were problems with
> > systemd, rather than problems in Debian configuration or mostly
> > independent bugs in other software that happened to trigger under
> > systemd?
>
> Whether or not systemd is responsible is not important if we are considering
> systemd as a default init: even if it is not responsible, if it exposes

You have the context wrong here. "considering systemd as a default init"
is too vague.

> important bugs, those bugs need to be addressed before we could make a switch.
> What we need to make sure works is "systemd in Debian", that is, integration
> is where all the work is going to be.

Yes, there is integration work left. But that's really about the
question "is Debian ready to switch all user machines to systemd right
now using the current packages?", and I think nobody would answer "yes"
to that (before also updating systemd to a much newer upstream version,
etc). I'm pretty sure that was not the context of the mail I was
replying to. He was confusing what were likely integration issues with
what would be more fundamental issues with systemd itself (that would
make it less desirable to do the integration work and switch at all),
and I tried to explain the difference.