bzr (was: Re: Debian systemd survey)

On 22 May 2013 22:02, Chow Loong Jin <hyperair@debian.org> wrote:
>> [...] Bazaar (which seems to have been abandoned by
>> upstream with >2000 open bugs [1]) [...].
>
> On the other hand, it would be nice if you keep your FUD to the minimum. Bazaar
> doesn't look abandoned[1], and >2000 open bugs is not uncommon. Nautilus and
> Rhythmbox themselves have >1000 open bugs each.
>
> [1] https://code.launchpad.net/bzr

Two commits this year? The only thing that makes it not completely
abandoned by upstream is that occasionally there are a few maintenance
bugfix commits done.

For the record, I do use bzr (with
http://jameswestby.net/bzr/builddeb/user_manual/merge.html ) in my
normal Ubuntu/Debian packaging workflow. I haven't figured out how to
git to work as nicely for that usecase yet.

Jeremy Bicha