Re: Debian systemd survey

On 05/22/2013 04:53 AM, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> - Neither systemd nor upstart are likely to be ported to kfreebsd soon,
>   as they both rely on many Linux-specific features and interfaces.

Though it should be easy enough to port OpenRC to kFreeBSD and Hurd,
once it completes its support for the current init.d scripts. You
completely forgot that option.

The only thing that worries me is the cgroup thing, but probably it
should be possible to fallback to .pid files in such case (in an
automated way).

Thomas