Re: Upstart & kFreeBSD port for Debian

On Tue, 2013-05-21 at 22:16:46 -0400, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> On Wednesday, May 22, 2013 04:09:33 AM Guillem Jover wrote:
> >  ... But then I'm not interested in assigning my copyright to a for-profit
> >  company that is not employing me ...
>
> It may be a distinction without difference from your perspective, but in the
> interests of precision, they no longer require copyright assignment.  They
> require a license that (particularly ironically in this case) gives them fewer
> rights than BSD license would.

Ah, thanks for the correction Scott, I've now read the CLA, and while
not assigning copyright is marginally better, it's still unacceptable.
I'd not have much of a problem if the project was under a BSD license
(although I usually prefer copyleft licenses), because then everyone
is on the same footing. Or if the organization was a non-profit w/ a
promise to never release as proprietary like the FSF, for which I
have copyright assignments on file, for example. Anyway.

Thanks,
Guillem