Re: Source build-dependencies

On Sat, May 11, 2013 at 06:03:30PM +0100, Wookey wrote:
> +++ Stephen Kitt [2013-05-09 10:46 +0200]:
> > On Thu, 9 May 2013 10:10:01 +0200, Mike Hommey <mh@glandium.org> wrote:
>
> > > * source build dependencies (such that e.g binutils-mingw-w64 build
> > >   depends on src:binutils instead of binutils-source)
> >
> > Yes! That was on my list as well ;-). The Built-Using stanza could even be
> > filled in automatically in such cases...
>
> I'd vote for that too, as it would be very helpful for
> cross-toolchain building. I hadn't realised that source build-deps
> was a possibility. Is it? Does anyone have a proposal for how it might
> work?
>
> Wookey

1) dpkg: support dpkg -i foo.dsc, which unpacks the source to
/usr/src/ or something

2) apt: parse Sources.gz and add them to architecture src,
   "apt-get install binutils:src" downloads the dsc, orig.tar,
   debian.tar, ... and then passes the dsc file to dpkg for installing

2b) fix other tools like pbuilder-satify-depends, sbuild, ...

3) Sources can use Build-Depends: binutils:src using the multiarch
   syntax to qualify archs

MfG
	Goswin