Re: Depends: libfoo:foreign ???

On Thu, 2013-05-09 at 08:43 +0200, Niels Thykier wrote:
> On 2013-05-09 07:56, Paul Wise wrote:
> > On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 1:08 PM, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
> >
> >> I just noticed that we have the first amd64 package in the archive that
> >> has dependencies on :i386 qualified libraries:
> >>
> >> Package: teamspeak-client
> >
> > It appears that will block it from reaching testing:
> >

> Indeed, Britney does not support those annotations (at the moment?).  To
> avoid issues with this kind of thing, we made her consider such
> dependencies for unsatisfiable[1].
>   So for now anything using that form in Depends or Pre-Depends will not
> reach testing (without manual intervention from the Release team and I
> am not sure how likely "we" are to do that).
[...]

During this release cycle I'm hoping to get rid of the 'amd64' kernel
flavour in i386.  The linux-image-3.2.0-4-amd64 package is already
installable in wheezy with amd64 as a foreign arch.  However, the
linux-headers-*-amd64 packages are not, as they depend on a specific
major version of gcc (e.g. gcc-4.6). I think that a dependency on
'gcc-4.6 | gcc-4.6:i386' might fix that, but what would britney think of
it?

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism. - Harrison