Re: epoch fix?

Scott Kitterman wrote:

> The "really" mechanism is useful for derivatives that don't want to get a
> higher epoch than Debian, but in Debian, I totally agree.   Just because it
> makes sense for a derivative, doesn't mean it makes sense for Debian.

It makes sense for Debian, too.  Epochs were invented to handle
changes to the version numbering *scheme*.  They work well for that.
The "really" trick works better for temporary decreases in version
number, and the conspicuousness is actually a good thing imho.

This was discussed recently:

Hope that helps,
Jonathan