Re: Merging / and /usr (was: jessie release goals)

…
> If we do this, I'd prefer to make /usr a symlink to / on new installs

I've always thought that myself, but it seems most folks who are pro
merge tend to propose going the other way. I've never understood why.
I suppose a logical end point for the argument of /usr → / is to one
day abolish /usr completely, which would be a far bigger job.