Re: jessie release goals

Am 07.05.2013 10:10, schrieb Wouter Verhelst:
> I would like to see the elimination of "ENABLE"-style variables in
> /etc/default snippets, to enable or disable initscripts, as a jessie
> release goal.
>
> These things are ugly, annoying hacks that try to work around the fact
> that we can't ship initscripts which don't run at install time and/or
> aren't enabled by default.

Oh, yes, completely agreed.

I think all we need is a new dh_installinit option, which simply runs

update-rc.d foo defaults
update-rc.d foo disable

before it runs invoke-rc.d.

The only new bits would be the call to "update-rc.d foo disable".

Should be a rather simple patch for debhelper.

Michael
universe are pointed away from Earth?