Re: jessie release goals

* Christoph Anton Mitterer <calestyo@scientia.net>, 2013-05-06, 16:08:
2) No more packages that bypass the package management system and secure apt: a) There are still several (typically non-free) packages which download stuff from the web, install or at least un-tar it somwhere without checking any integrity information that would be hardcoded in that package.

Do you have any concrete examples (besides flashplugin-nonfree, which is indeed abominable)?

b) Another problem are IMHO plugins like Firefox extensions, kinda bypassing APT. I think at least those that are installed via a package, shouldn't be upgradable/overwritable anymore with online versions.

What exactly do you mean? The only way I can upgrade my Iceweasel add-ons is via apt/dpkg.

--
Jakub Wilk