Re: jessie release goals

Hello,

2013/5/6 Christoph Anton Mitterer <calestyo@scientia.net>:
> Hey.
>
> I would like to see the following with respect to PHP and all packages
> using PHP:
[...]

Related to PHP, but more on the PEAR side, I would like to see all
PEAR packages migrated to build with pkg-php-tools (the dh way of PEAR
packages).

Migrating PECL packages would also be great (but pieces are missing on
the pkg-php-tools side, I've started to work on this).

Jessie might also be a good release to rename all php5-* packages to
php-*, as the distinction between PEAR and PECL packages is not seen
when declaring dependencies (but this might be too ambitious).

Regards

--
Mathieu Parent