Re: 2013 sometimes still feels like 2003 or 1993 (Re: NEW processing during freezes

On 03-05-13 10:25, Chow Loong Jin wrote:
> On 03/05/2013 16:12, Arto Jantunen wrote:
> > Chow Loong Jin <hyperair@debian.org> writes:

> >> It is? I should try that out with my next upload.
> >
> > No, it's not. Source only uploads were banned many years ago, mainly due
> > to problems with maintainers not even build testing their packages.
>
> Weird, why doesn't Ubuntu have the same issues?

They do. They just ignore the issue; they can do that because it's a
scalability issue that, ultimately, can be fixed by throwing large
amounts of hardware (for more build hosts) at it. Debian does not have
that luxury.

--
Copyshops should do vouchers. So that next time some bureaucracy
requires you to mail a form in triplicate, you can mail it just once,