Re: Retiring

Hi Mike,

Am 27.04.2013 um 21:34 schrieb Mike Gabriel <mike.gabriel@das-netzwerkteam.de>:

> Hi Cajus,
>
> On Sa 27 Apr 2013 20:26:17 CEST Cajus Pollmeier wrote:
>
>> I've noticed that I cannot find as much time to work for Debian as I
>> like to. Family and children need my time in the moment. I hope I'll be
>> able to come back in the future some time.
>
> This is indeed sad news and understandable at the same time. Family keeps me busy again and again, as well.
>
>> My packages have not yet been orphaned - I'm currently working on that.
>
> I on behalf of the Debian Edu packaging team will be happy to take over the packaging of GOsa² and related packages. As GOsa² is a core component of the Debian Edu main server, this seems like an obvious step. Anybody who feels this call, too, is welcome to join in.
>
> Instead of orphaning, may I suggest that you announce in public (debian-devel) that you hand over the packaging of all related GOsa² packages to the Debian Edu Packaging Team? I will take over in a couple of weeks (June/July) and upload a new packages set with the maintainer field updated.

Yes, I'd be happy to pass packaging over to you. On the other side I'll continue to maintain the debian part of GOsa upstream, so maybe we find a mode of working that saves time on both sides. So I'll leave the gosa/goto packages the way they're now, waiting for you/Debian Edu to take over.

> And about uif: I use that firewall script tool a lot and I will be happy to take that one over, as well.

Sure, I'll leave it in the state as the gosa ones ;-) Hopefully someone is interested in taking the qpid packages. Lets see.

>> Thank you all for the fun and the good work you all do!
>> Cajus
>
> Hope to meet you in person some time, hope there is some more cooperation on GOsa upstream stuff here and there, as well.

You're welcome and upstream is interested in helping Debian Edu / Debian to get their work done.

Cheers,
Cajus