Re: Automatically satisfying Build-Depends from local control file

Hi!

Marc Haber <mh+debian-devel@zugschlus.de> writes:
> On Wed, 17 Apr 2013 14:05:47 +0900, Charles Plessy <plessy@debian.org>
> wrote:
>>The tool you are looking for is "mk-build-deps" from the package "devscripts".
>
> So one uses mk-build-deps to create a .deb containing the build
> dependencies as binary dependencites, put that .deb into an local
> aptable archive, run apt-get update and apt-get install $PACKAGE.

`mk-build-deps -r -i` builds a package, dpkg -i, apt-get install -f

> Am I the only one who thinks this is terribly backwards as compared to
> hand-editing dpkg-checkbuildep's output to an apt-get install command
> line?

Well it has some advantages, like, your build-dependencies are marked
auto-installed and uninstalling foo-build-deps will also mark them
unused -> it's pretty simple to get rid of no-longer-needed
build-dependencies.

  Christoph

--
9FED 5C6C E206 B70A 5857  70CA 9655 22B9 D49A E731
Debian Developer | Lisp Hacker | CaCert Assurer