Re: Legal possibility of more open package reviews.

Charles Plessy wrote:
> Conversely, the existence of sites such as Ubuntu's PPA, SourceForge, GitHub
> and many others show that a large number of software providers are confident
> that a policy of a posteriori removals is sufficient.  I do not understand why
> we do not reach the same conclusion for the NEW queue, which is not even a
> software distribution in the sense of the Debian archive or the sites
> mentionned above.

One significant difference between those sites and the Debian NEW queue,
or Debian in general is that sites that allow anyone register and upload
content probably operate under the DMCA safe harbor provisions that only
require they take down infringing material when informed of it.

--
see shy jo