Re: NEW processing.

Le Wed, Apr 03, 2013 at 04:34:24AM +0800, Thomas Goirand a écrit :

> I even proposed my help for the review process (of other packages,
> not mine, of course...). This was a no-go refusal. I haven't seen
> either that the FTP team asked for help and new members, if
> I am seen as not qualified and the team is understaffed!

Hi Thomas,

it is still worthwile doing reviews even if the FTP team does not consider
them.  When doing so, I have sometimes found problems, which caused the
packager to retract or correct his upload, thus saving the time of the FTP team
and accelerating the processing of the queue.  Even when the processing of the
queue is fast, it would be worthwile to do it before uploading to NEW.  I have
documented my approach on our wiki.

    http://wiki.debian.org/CopyrightReview

Thanks to the widespread use of VCSes and platforms such as Debian Mentors, the
source of the uploaded packages is often easy to find.

Cheers,

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan