Re: Splitting the devscripts package

+++ Benjamin Drung [2013-03-30 22:49 +0100]:
> Hi,
>
> devscripts ships a bunch of scripts to make the life of a Debian Package
> maintainer easier. Not every script in there is Debian packaging
> specific. Some of them are used on other non-Debian-based distributions.

Whilst considering what scripts are where, there are some scripts in
ubuntu-dev-tools which are not ubuntu-specific, and moving those
somewhere more general (i.e. into devscripts) would be useful too.
(I'm thinking particularly of mk-sbuild, but there are no doubt
others).

(In this particular case it might make sense to merge the features of
sbuild-createchroot and mk-sbuild, but that involves actual work).

Wookey
http://wookware.org/