packaging PostBooks (business accounting/CRM/ERP)

I'm just wondering if anybody else looked at this code or their license[1]?

License discussion stopped at [2], not clear if it the license is
definitely rejected or not, my impression of the clause is that it
doesn't mandate a splash screen, it just means you can't put attribution
in small print.

On the technical side, I found the project quite confusing at first
because although it is open source, it is not conveniently distributed
as a single source tarball, I had to build from SVN - and there are a
dozen different SVN repos[3] relating to the project, which is itself
slightly confusing.

Once you know which repos to check out, it actually builds and runs very
smoothly using the qt and postgres dependencies in Debian squeeze - all
the notes about my experience with it so far in the ITP bug[4]

It would also be useful for me to know which other accounting packages
are popular in the free software community and whether people would use
PostBooks if it was packaged.  I tried GnuCash, but it seems more like
the most basic version of Quickbooks or Microsoft Money.  PostBooks
genuinely offers many of the `Pro' features of QuickBooks or Sage, but
appears a lot less complicated than a fully customizable solution like
Adempiere, so I definitely think this fills a gap.

1. https://www.xtuple.com/CPAL

2. http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2007/09/msg00177.html

3. https://sourceforge.net/p/postbooks/code/14503/tree/

4. http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=703645