Re: Bootstrapping: list of 81 self-cycles in Debian Sid

Hi,

Quoting Wouter Verhelst (2013-03-05 14:47:20)
> On Tue, Mar 05, 2013 at 02:41:51PM +0100, Johannes Schauer wrote:
> > The code generating that list is part of the debian bootstrap project [1]
> > and as such it would be a bug if architecture:all package were required to
> > be recompiled for the reason you mentioned.
>
> In that case, rather than putting this up on a wiki page, would it be
> possible to run this tool periodically and post the output somewhere
> (under the debian.net or debian.org domain, preferably)?
>
> This is interesting information, but only if kept up to date. Wiki pages
> need to be updated manually, so having this run from cron every so often
> would be much more interesting.

Yes, the information is likely to get outdated once some binary packages change
their dependencies.

Would it be possible to use existing Debian infrastructure to run this code
instead of my own server which would be too low-spec for this kind of task?

It would be trivial to write a shell script which runs the correct code for all
architectures and all suites and outputs static html with the relevant
information. Unfortunately, the code depends on some yet uncommitted fixes to
dose3 [1] so compiling it is not yet too trivial but requires applying my
patches first.

cheers, josch

[1] https://gforge.inria.fr/tracker/?atid=13808&group_id=4395&func=browse