Re: WebRTC has landed

Daniel Pocock <daniel@pocock.com.au> writes:
> - WebSockets carries the SIP signaling (e.g. to register the user
> location, find the person you want to call).  WebSockets works through
> HTTP proxies

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WebRTC does not mention SIP at all. I
assume SIP is just one way to use webrtc but it does not need to be
used?

> and make your devices talk to each other without any relay.  If one
> person is in an obscure location, the TURN server will act as a relay

Aha, it seems the resiprocate-turn-server package is new in
wheezy. Default configuration seems to listen on tcp port 3478. I guess
port 443 should be used to maximize the probability that proxies will
let websocket access it?

> a VPS somewhere, you can find a (Debian biased) guide on
> http://www.RTCquickstart.org

Looks helpful, thanks!