Dual licensing for KDE-Oxygen Icons

I'm currently trying to get the KDE-Artist Team to once more dual
license their Icon-Set under LGPL and Creative Common
Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License.

They dual licensed their icons in history but removed this option
there've been multiple factors to do this and I was told that Debian
was one of the reasons because you had problems with this dual licensing

Can anyone here shed some light on this? Why can it be a problem to
Debian if something is available under LGPL and another license (which
itself even allows commerical usage)?

Before I start with the monster work of going through the history of
icons to find out who provided them I need to know if a dual licensing
is possible at all. Does anyone here know of other parts of Debian who
use a dual licensing option, e.g. Apache 2.0 + LGPL, ...?

If you want to know more about the background of why I'm trying to do
this. You can take a look at my blog

Thanks for your help

tom schindl                 geschäftsführer/CEO
eduard-bodem-gasse 5-7/1   A-6020 innsbruck     fax      ++43 512 935833
http://www.BestSolution.at                      phone    ++43 512 935834