Re: RFC declarative built-using field generation

Matthias Klose <doko@debian.org> writes:

> But it is ok to insist on using the exact binary version for
> build-depending on source packages when it's not needed? This only seems
> to be driven by the current dak implementation.

That does matter if the included source is GPL, and I suspect part of the
problem is that DAK doesn't have any way of knowing *why* this is required
and not making the dependency tight would be a *very* common error.

I think that in any case where we want Built-Using, we probably also want
the exact same version of the source.  (But I think the current Policy
statement about when we want Built-Using is too broad.)