Re: Go (golang) packaging, part 2

On Fri, Feb 01, 2013 at 04:02:18PM -0500, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> For cpan there is even dh-make-perl.  The solution then is to make
> equivelant scripts for other languages.  The solution is NOT to use some
> other package installation system.

Although I've never used dh-make-perl myself, I'm lead to believe that it
is perhaps *the* most successful tool of its type (that is, of things that
create .debs from packages in an alternative repository system like CPAN,
gems, cabal, etc.), and that it works as reliably as it does (which as Russ
points out is not 100% by any means) by relying on data from CPAN. So it's
hard to use it as an argument against such external package systems.