Re: Building and using shared libraries using gccgo

On 05/02/2013 18:53, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> FFS, yet another new language where the implementors have refused to
> think ahead and consider ABI handling? Idiots. :-(

I totally agree with you here.

> Considering the mess that we already have with (for example) Haskell
> in this respect, I would vote strongly against accepting or pretending
> to support any more languages in this vein.

This won't really help matters much -- people who want/need to use the language
will install it for themselves out of the package manager, leading to an even
bigger mess. Otherwise someone will just end up supporting Debian packages out
of Debian, which is also suboptimal.

--
Kind regards,
Loong Jin