Re: Building and using shared libraries using gccgo

Hi Hilko,

Hilko Bengen <bengen@debian.org> writes:
> Sure. See the Makefile at the end of this mail. Please note that I
> [...]
Thanks for the instructions. I reproduced them and got shared libraries
plus dynamically linked binaries.

Aside from details about the split stack flags, now one big question

Assuming we ship Go libraries compiled as shared libraries, where do we
get the SONAME from? There is no mechanism for Go libraries to declare
an ABI break. Inventing one and asking all upstream projects to adopt it
seems unlikely to succeed. Ignoring SONAMEs altogether could make
software break on the user’s installation. Then again, the same could
happen to every interpreted language, e.g. Perl.

What do you think?

Best regards,