Re: Linux Future

I demand that Adam Borowski may or may not have written...

[snip]
> No, it's something in the middle.  Those who dislike systemd say it
> exaggerates systemd's claimed benefits, while Joss considers it an attack
> as well.  Let's no go there for now.
>
> What makes this article worth reading is that it points out _why_ systemd
> is so controversial.

Hmm. Reading that now, and I find myself wanting to rip out consolekit,
policykit and the like, but there's rather more than I'd like depending on
them. Were these packages recommended or suggested, I'd be shot of them now.

And switching to kfreebsd-*, while it would lose much of that... not sure
that that's a good idea for different reasons (graphics hw support etc.)...

--
|  _  | Darren Salt, using Debian GNU/Linux (and Android)
| ( ) |
|  X  | ASCII Ribbon campaign against HTML e-mail
| / \ | http://www.asciiribbon.org/

Avoid cliches like the plague.