Re: Linux Future

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 12:06:16PM +0100, Pau Garcia i Quiles wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This blogpost is months old but it makes some interesting reflections:
>
> http://www.pappp.net/?p=969

It appears to be the most insightful thing about systemd vs the rest of the
world I've ever read.  READ IT, FOLKS!

> I wonder what's Debian position in regards to FLOS* vs Unix philosophy. Is
> there one, at all? (I can't remember reading one, my apologies if this was
> discussed and I have not noticed)
>
> * FLOS = FreeDesktop.org + Linux + we don't care about non-Linux, NOT Free
> Libre Open Source

There's no such thing as "Debian's position", not without a GR at least.
Just recall the recent series of flamewars; I'd say there's no such thing as
consensus but at most one side getting overshouted.

Especially when it comes to such a core design issue as whether to stick to
Unix or not.

--
ᛊᚨᚾᛁᛏᚣ᛫ᛁᛊ᛫ᚠᛟᚱ᛫ᚦᛖ᛫ᚹᛖᚨᚲ