Re: Backports upgrade policy (ButAutomaticUpdates:yes)

+++ martin f krafft [2013-01-25 16:06 +1300]:
> also sprach David Kalnischkies <kalnischkies@gmail.com> [2013.01.25.0020 +1300]:
> > You can find much of the same discussion in the bugreport requesting
> > implementation of this feature in APT: #596097
>
> Thanks for the pointer! I missed this discussion un^Wfortunately.
> Anyway, it seems that most people are in favour of this change, and
> your message pretty much sums up the reasons.

You message was not usless as I never knew about the 100 < P < 500
feature, and the need to pin/not pin according to what effect you
wanted vs AutomaticUpdates setting. Making this info more widely known
would be a useful service so that people get the behaviour they want.

(maybe it already is and I'm the only one no-one told, but I doubt it
:-)

Wookey
http://wookware.org/