Wheezy testing versus Wheezy release repositories: confused on how to get source code

I installed Wheezy beta 4 from CD and was surprised that compiz window
manager was removed.  Compiz is the best thing about Linux, that's a
shame. I tracked down some explanations, don't want to start a flame
war about that decision.

But, even though Debian is not including compiz, I still love it and
am going to build compiz and use it. My plan is to get the compiz
source packages from the most recent Wheezy which did include compiz.
But I'm having trouble finding that and understanding the way the
repositories fit together. The Wheezy repo that was testing during the
Squeeze time is a different thing from the Wheezy that is Wheezy
release beta 4? Right? In Wheezy beta 4, why can't I see the same
compiz files that I could see when I ran Squeeze with the wheezy repo
enabled in apt?

pj
--
Paul E. Johnson
Professor, Political Science      Assoc. Director