Re: debian/* license of non-free packages

>> I guess you meant
>> > unrar-nonfree can probably be removed from Debian now that we have unrar-free?
>
> Definitely not, since unrar-free does not support the RAR format
> versions that unrar-nonfree or unar support. I suggest we can probably
> remove unrar-free and unrar-nonfree now that unar exists. unar doesn't
> support creating RAR format archives, so maybe rar needs to stay but
> personally I don't see much of a need for it.

I was not aware of the unar's existence, thanks for pointing out.

The main reason I decided to deal with unrar is because of e-book
reader calibre needing the libunrar.so library [1] in order to read
CBR files.
Can unar provide such an interface?

[1]: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=485492

Nick