Re: debian/* license of non-free packages

2013/1/10 Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org>:
> On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 11:35 AM, Nick Andrik wrote:
>
>> Recently I was trying to convert the debian/copyright file of a
>> non-free package ( unrar-nonfree ) to 1.0 format.
>> The main license of this software is non-free (mainly because it does
>> not allow reverse engineering of the RAR algorithm) but it also
>> includes parts of software distributed under other licenses
>> (BSD/public domain/GPL/etc).
>
> unrar-nonfree can probably be removed from Debian now that we have unar?

We have unrar-nonfree that builds the binary package unrar and
unrar-free that builds the binary package unrar-free.
I guess you meant
> unrar-nonfree can probably be removed from Debian now that we have unrar-free?

This is a different issue which could be possibly discussed, but the
question remains since we refer to the license of the license text,
not the license itself (if I understand the issue well enough)

Nick