Re: Ifupdown, loopback interface, /etc/network/interfaces.d

Hello,

On Mon, 07 Jan 2013 02:31:30 +0100
Michael Biebl <biebl@debian.org> wrote:

> > There are probably more of them, but finding them all is left as an
> > exercise for the reader.

> You can at least add network-admin from gnome-system-tools to the
> list, or external config tools like webmin.
> Not counting any local scripts written by sysadmins.

For most of the cases direct parsing of /e/n/i isn't required, for the
most of those cases when it's needed, there's now ifquery. So usually
if some script parses /e/n/i or writes to it, something is already
seriously wrong, with few exceptions.

> I'd be very cautious with such a change. We should be really certain
> that the benefits are worth the cost.

They are. I agree that there may be not enough time.

--
WBR, Andrew