Re: Knowing the release names in advance

Hi Thomas and everybody, and « bonne année » !

It seems to me that the main technical arguments advocating predictable or
sortable release names have been given, so I think that the next step would be
to make sure that they get to the right ears at the right time.  While this
discussion on -devel may help to strenghten your proposition, I have the
impression that the current contributors to the discussion are not the persons
who will decide.

How about a DEP to organise the discussion ?  It would help for the pros and
cons to be recorded in a synthethic way in a document easy to find, which will
be very useful if the persons in charge estimate that currently it is a
development that has a lower priority than focusing on Wheezy's release.

  http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep0/

Cheers,

--
Charles