Re: Knowing the release names in advance
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Knowing the release names in advance
- From: Charles Plessy <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2013 17:21:36 +0900
- Message-id: <[🔎] 20130101082136.GA23320@falafel.plessy.net>
- In-reply-to: <50E1EDAA.email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20121225223142.GU6317@type> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <50E078AC.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <50E1EDAA.email@example.com>
Hi Thomas and everybody, and « bonne année » !
It seems to me that the main technical arguments advocating predictable or
sortable release names have been given, so I think that the next step would be
to make sure that they get to the right ears at the right time. While this
discussion on -devel may help to strenghten your proposition, I have the
impression that the current contributors to the discussion are not the persons
who will decide.
How about a DEP to organise the discussion ? It would help for the pros and
cons to be recorded in a synthethic way in a document easy to find, which will
be very useful if the persons in charge estimate that currently it is a
development that has a lower priority than focusing on Wheezy's release.