Re: Change default PATH for Jessie / wheezy+1

 ❦  8 août 2012 09:15 CEST, Michael Stummvoll <michael@stummi.org> :

>> Moving ifconfig to /bin would break a lot of things calling
>> `/sbin/ifconfig`.
>
> there could be a link for compatiblity

If we start symlinking, a symlink from /sbin to /bin seems easier. Once
we start a breach, we'll get more and more requests. For example, I
would see:
 - brctl
 - ethtool
 - ifconfig
 - route
 - sysctl

Looking at /sbin for those, I also discover there are already a lot of
symlinks. On my system, on 216 files, I have 80 symlinks.
--
Let the machine do the dirty work.