Re: Change default PATH for Jessie / wheezy+1

On Wed, Aug 08, 2012 at 10:09:27PM +0800, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> On 08/08/2012 09:20 PM, Ulrich Dangel wrote:
> > Not all programs in
> > the sbin directories require root privileges.
> >

> Then they have nothing to do in sbin. I'm serious:
> *please file a bug* !!! :)

I think you're conflating "system administrators" with root. The FHS
stats that sbin directories are for "maintenance and/or administrative
tasks" Not all of these tasks need root privileges, but then most
(hopefully all) of them should not be necessary to normal users.

Maybe the compromise is to have the sbin directories in the path of
users in the "staff" group.