Re: Change default PATH for Jessie / wheezy+1

On Aug 08, Ulrich Dangel <uli@spamt.net> wrote:

> Changing the default PATH for normal users to include /sbin, /usr/sbin as well as
> /usr/local/sbin would be a great thing for simplifying command line usage for
> normal users.
Fedora did it a few months ago, so probably we should do it as well to
minimize the pain.

> If /sbin, /usr/sbin and /usr/local/sbin are added at the end of the PATH there
> should be no problems for existing environments if there are programs with the
> same name in /sbin and /bin…
I do not think that this is an actual problem, and if it were then it
should be fixed: when sbin is in the path it has always been before
other directories, so changing this only for some cases would be confusing.
Just use the same path for all users.

--
ciao,
Marco