Re: this bug .. bugs me

Hi,

Please forgive me if this is the wrong place to ask (or if I'm
completely wrong here).

On Wed, 2012-06-06 at 11:15 +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
[...]
> Juppey. Thanks to all the workers and the NMUers that made this
> possible.
>
> Now if wine 1.4 enters unstable we are finaly ready to kill ia32-libs
> for good.

Reading this I assume ia32-libs will be removed from Debian (with which
I completely agree btw), what about packages outside of Debian that
currently depend upon ia32-libs? To name a certain package: skype. Its
AMD64 package from the official website depends on it.
Can we work around this somehow? I'm in no way affiliated with upstream
here, but looking at their particular history I don't expect any update
soon with a proper solution.

Regards,
Steven