Re: Moving /tmp to tmpfs makes it useful

Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org> writes:

> I will let you ask the sources from Adobe, create an alternative *that
> works*. I will also let you fix all the other apps that we mentioned
> that have the same kind of issues. But *IN THE MEAN WHILE*, until you
> are done with this huge and important work, let's not change the default
> to tmpfs.

I find some of the assertions in this thread confusing.  I've been using
tmpfs /tmp on my laptop for quite some time and have watched hour-long
movies via the Adobe Flash player and have never noticed any unexpected
consumption of space in /tmp.

Are you sure that video streaming via Adobe's Flash player works the way
that you seem to think it works?