Re: what to do is maintainer is lacking? (was: wine-unstable in Debian)

Quoting Chris Knadle (Chris.Knadle@coredump.us):

> for lowering of severity level.  [And realistically at least in the general
> case I don't think another DD is going to do an NMU if a bug is not RC.]

Have you seen the gazillion of localization NMUs I'm doing for about
4-5 years now? :-)

As long as the same care is used for low-hanging fruits NMUs such as
these ones (including the NMUer following as closely as possible the
package life for "enough" time and taking care to send a proper NMU
diff to the BTS, I don't really see any problem with NMUs meant to fix
non RC bugs.

(and to add an argument outside my usual l10n "garden", I'd like to
mention many NMUs I did against font packages, in order to drop the
dependencies on defoma or x-ttcid-fontconf so that these packages can
be removed from the archive)