Re: Please test gzip -9n - related to dpkg with multiarch support

Le Wed, Feb 08, 2012 at 07:54:47PM +0000, Roger Leigh a écrit :

> Relating to binNMU changelogs: do they really serve any purpose?  There
> are no source changes, so is there any real need for a changelog change
> at all?  AFAICT the only reason we do for historical reasons, it being
> the only way previously to effect a version change.

Hi,

I think that it is important for maintainers that who decided the binNMU and
the reason for it are recorded in the changelog, because often these changes
are not triggred or coordinated by the maintainers themselves.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Debian Med packaging team,