Re: Please test gzip -9n - related to dpkg with multiarch support

Ian Jackson wrote:

> Another relevant question is whether there are other files that are
> shared, and which don't want to move, besides ones in /usr/share/doc.

One example is header files in /usr/include, from -dev packages.  In
the simple examples I've seen, putting them in /usr/include/<triplet>,
works fine.  It is always possible to split off a separate "Multiarch:
foreign" -dev-common package if needed in order to save space.

Another example is manpages, also in -dev packages.  That's more
fussy.