Re: Breaking programs because a not yet implemented solution exists in theory

On Wed, Feb 01, 2012 at 05:03:17PM +0100, Michael Biebl wrote:

> Tools like mutt, which need the extended mailcap syntax, can certainly
> continue to ship a mime file.
>
> If a package ships both a desktop and a mime file, the conversion-tool
> could simply skip the automatic generation of the mailcap entries under
> the assumption that the manually written ones take precedence.

Could somebody please answer my implicite question why the mime files
are removed before such a conversion tool exists and thus shamelessly
are breaking applications that depend from it.

Kind regards

     Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de