Re: lack of replacement for linux-vserver

On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 5:37 AM, Ben Hutchings wrote:

> Just to be clear, 'that work' is not just a matter of forwarding
> messages back and forward between the Debian BTS and the Linux-VServer
> developers.  Unless the VServer project continues to support whichever
> version we use in a stable release (3.2 in this case) then Debian
> users are likely to run into different bugs that they won't want to
> deal with.  There will also be integration issues to be resolved when
> fixes from the stable/longterm branch conflict with the VServer
> changes.  This requires real understanding of Linux and VServer
> internals (see #618485 for an example of what happens without that).

Data point; there is a VServer patch for 3.2 (marked as experimental though):

http://vserver.13thfloor.at/Experimental/patch-3.2.2-vs2.3.2.6.diff

It was also claimed on IRC that when using the Debian template for lxc
(see below) that the security issues mentioned in the Linux 3.2 thread
do not apply.

lxc-create -t debian
/usr/lib/lxc/templates/lxc-debian

--