Re: [Long] UEFI support

Paul Wise, 2012-01-09 00:44+0100:
> Sounds like he was asking you to name these new 32-bit only x86
> systems that are still being produced and sold.

That is right. In fact, I do not doubt there are some 32 bits only
processors sold today, but I am not sure that they are using an UEFI. It
is very possible, but it may not be a very common case.

And as some pointed it out, the problems of running 32 bits userspace
software under a 64 bits kernel is not relevant here. As far as I know,
EM64T processors still have the ability to run stuff in protected mode
even though they boot in long mode.

--
 ,--.
: /` )   Tanguy Ortolo <xmpp:tanguy@ortolo.eu> <irc://irc.oftc.net/Tanguy>