Re: dput-ng/1.1 in unstable

On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 4:02 AM, Paul Tagliamonte wrote:

> While the traceback is ugly, that's valid. Note 0xDEFACED isn't 8 long,
> it's 7. Even though it's unlikely we'd get that key, I figured the DD
> would use a UID that's valid.

Anything less than the full fingerprint (8, 7 or whatever) should be
considered ambiguous[1]. If there are multiple keys matching the
partial fingerprint (of any size), that should be an error. I don't
think a partial fingerprint that is 7 characters long should be
treated any different than one that is 8 characters.

1. http://www.asheesh.org/note/debian/short-key-ids-are-bad-news

--
bye,
pabs