Re: Contributor agreements and copyright assignment (was Re: Really, about udev, not init sytsems)

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 09:14:20AM +0100, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
> Are you equating the FSF and the PSF with a private, for-profit company
> here?  That seems to be stretching it a bit.

Not really, IMO.

Personally, I'm not comfortable signing off my copyright to the FSF, for
the very same reason I'm not comfortable signing off copyright to
Canonical: while both are led by a person whom so far hasn't show much
reason for me to distrust them, it is also true that both leaders have
an agenda that I don't completely trust or agree with.

Yes, one of the groups makes a profit, and the other doesn't. I don't
think money is dirty, however, so that doesn't even remotely factor into
my decision.

--
Copyshops should do vouchers. So that next time some bureaucracy requires you
to mail a form in triplicate, you can mail it just once, add a voucher, and