Re: systemd

I’m not going to answer to all of your weird or unrelated claims, but
there’s one extremely relevant to your point of view.

Le mercredi 21 novembre 2012 à 16:26 -0600, Kevin Toppins a écrit :
> Systemd is also presuming it knows how the daemons operate better than
> the daemons know, and systemd presumes that it can makes these
> decisions for them by declaring what they really need is just <x, y,
> z>....

I think you started heads on with a fundamental misunderstanding.
The .service file is not systemd having “knowledge” on a given daemon.
It describes the behavior of the daemon. It is written by the same
people as the daemon itself. It replaces the shell script
in /etc/init.d, that’s all. Dependencies, startup conditions… You all
have them already with a recent sysvinit implementation.

As for the rest of your email: this mailing list is for Debian
development. Propaganda for this or that implementation of udev is out
of scope. We will choose our udev and init implementations based on
what’s useful for our packages, not based on what a random Gentoo user
wants us to do.

Cheers,
--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette